Renovated: Winter, 2001
Location: Malvern St.
Seating Capacity: 500 bench seating
The Boston University Softball Field, which serves as home to the Terrier softball team, has provided a decided home-field advantage since its renovation in the winter of 2001. Converted from Astroturf to a natural grass outfield/all-dirt infield, the BU Softball Field was home to a 19-game winning streak that lasted from its opening on April 4, 2001, until April 4, 2002. Over the past 12 seasons (1999-2010), the Terriers are an impressive 149-38 (.797) on their home turf, including last year's 13-3 record. BU has finished .500 or better at home in each of the last 12 seasons.
- Natural grass infield, all dirt infield (converted from Astroturf)
- Covered dugouts, complete with bat and helmet racks
- Reconfigured outfield dimensions: 200 feet down each line, 220 to straightaway center
- Bullpens down the first- and third-base lines for home and visitors
- A 29-foot scoreboard that displays runs by innings, total runs, hits, and errors, as well as a running count.
- Fully-functioning press box with an improved sound system ... Functions for radio broadcasts, public address, and statistics
- A grass picnic area beyond the outfield fences, which provides an added view of the field
- Adjacent parking lot on Babcock Street can accommodate up to 300 cars for special events, subject to availability