Fitness & Recreation Center
Boston University's Fitness and Recreation Center at Boston University opened on April 1, 2005.
The building provides approximately 270,000 square feet of space, supporting physical education, non-credit courses, intramurals, club sports, student organizations and much more.
This state of the art fitness & recreation center contains
- an 18,000 square foot weight & cardio room
- two separate swimming pools
- 2 multi-use gymnasiums with seven courts
- an elevated 1/8 mile jogging track overlooking several activity areas
- racquetball and squash courts
- several multi-purpose activity and classrooms for dance, group exercise classes, martial arts, club and intramural meetings and health and wellness classes
- a 35' climbing wall
The Fitness and Recreation Center also houses a center for rehabilitation, fitness/conditioning and Emergency Medical Services education, expansive locker rooms for men and women, a family locker room, a snack bar, a pro shop, equipment issue, children's area and administrative offices.